Sunday, June 24, 2012

The Best Souvenir

So I haven't blogged in a while because this trip is turning out to be more of an adventure than I expected. It started several weeks ago when I started getting sick to my stomach. I kinda had a feeling there was something going on but I wrote it off as the flu. But all that strange food I blogged about earlier started smelling and tasting disgusting to me. I could hardly eat anything but bread and fruit. After a solid week of this, with no other flu symptoms I had a pretty good idea what was going on although my husband was skeptical.






I went to the store and bought myself a pregnancy test, which was an adventure in and of itself (thank goodness for the ability to show my phone dictionary to the employee to help me find it). I came home all nerve wracked only to have the test result be completely blank...a defective test. *sigh* So the next afternoon it was back to a store, and this time I bought two. And this time they were undeniably positive within very little time waiting.

Haha, so the adventure continues! I'm experiencing morning sickness and other signs of pregnancy and I'm in a foreign country as a student. Thankfully I am married, have my husband with me and am old enough to be going through this without any guilt. I've been seriously blessed with new friends who are really helping me through this time.






Last week a friend helped us go to a ladies clinic where I have confirmed most definitely that there is a living being growing inside me. I saw the heart beating on a monitor and it was the most amazing experience. So although I am certainly feeling some homesickness, I have to say that this is going to be the most awesome story for me to tell to my kid in the future. Three cheers for my Nagasaki baby!






1 comment:

  1. Woohoo! I felt semi-important after reading that. See you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete