Sunday, October 2, 2011

Craft Lit Podcast


Do you love to craft? Do you love to read? Would you love to read while you craft? One of the best ways I do this is by listening to the podcast CraftLit. I was first turned on to this podcast when I was looking for crafting podcasts and then I was drawn in by the literature aspect. I love to read but I found after being forced to read classics in school I was completely turned off by most of them. But this podcast has helped me discover a great passion for classic books and I am devouring all that I can.


The best aspect of CraftLit is that you can listen to it while you are doing other things. I love to do crafty things while I listen, but it's also such a great way to pass the time when I'm doing housework or am at the gym. Heather Ordover, the host, always has such interesting things to talk about and I have learned more from her about many of the books than I did when I was in high-school.

It's really refreshing to be able to absorb literature when I am so busy. I love the fact that I can reference the books that I've read and understand the origins of much of our contemporary references and media. So if you are interested in books, or even if you just really need to read a particular book I would really encourage you to check this podcast out. You can either listen to the original podcasts with all the crafty info or you can listen to the sister podcast that is is just the books.

Currently, just in time for Halloween, the book being read is Dracula by Bram Stoker. Not a book I would normally read on my own, but I am excited to learn where a large part of our modern vampire lore comes from.

CraftLit


No comments:

Post a Comment