Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The Night Circus

I just finished the most amazing book called The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. I don't normally read a book just because it's popular, but this book is worth all the hype. I love that novels in the Victorian era are becoming more prevalent, but this one is impressive because it is really different from anything I've read before. I really love that this book has an overall air of mystery, the story is not told linearly (the story skips forward and backwards in time until it converges at the end of the book), and she ties together all the ends very neatly after the climax.

If you love fantasy novels and want something that is suspenseful but still whimsical then this is a fantastic book. The Night Circus has been compared to Harry Potter, which while I think it does have a similar feel to it, this book is unique enough that it will hold you to the end, and familiar enough that is understandable and enjoyable. So if you want a good read, then I highly recommend this book.


Amazon: The Night Circus
The Night Circus Website
Erin Morgenstern's Website

No comments:

Post a Comment