Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Nagasaki Study Abroad

I applied last year for the USAC (University Study Abroad Consortium) program through my college and have now been officially accepted into the program. I will be studying in Nagasaki, Japan from the end of March until the beginning of August.

The application process was pretty complicated involving a lot of paperwork and runaround. First I had to apply with USAC and get approved with them by proving I was eligible for the program (high enough GPA and financial aid). After that I had to apply for the college in Japan, get a passport, file for a visa and decide where I wanted to stay. I had to get several passport photos taken for all the various ID's.

Now I am currently waiting for my acceptance packet with all the details. The next step will be buying the airplane ticket and figuring out what to take with me.

I still haven't heard if I'll be able to stay together with my husband or if we will have two different homestays. I wish they would hurry up and give me all the information I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment