Wednesday, January 25, 2012

This Book is Overdue





I checked out a book called This Book is Overdue: How Librarians and Cybrarians Can Save Us All by Marilyn Johnson from my local library and I am in love. I've always been a bookworm and always frequented my local libraries so I certainly have a soft spot in my heart for libraries. My current job is doing graphic desing for the Special Collections department of my university library, which has really opened my eyes to the behind the scenes lives of librarians.

Anyway, this book is fantastic. From the awesome cover art to the author's witty praise of librarians everywhere, it gives wonderful insight into just how valuable librarians really are. Not only does she talk about librarians but she discusses new library technologies and how pivital our librarians are to helping intigrate and educate people about them.

Check it out. This book is really heartwarming and informative and really worth a read.
This Book is Overdue

No comments:

Post a Comment