Friday, February 6, 2015

Ohisashiburi ne?

I can't believe that I went an entire year without blogging. I'm more up to the task to blog this year, there are more interesting things going on in my life anyway. Most of last year consisted of being isolated at home with my toddler, being very uninspired and unproductive.

This year is very different. My red-haired firecracker of a boy is two years old this month. He's now talking in several word sentences and exploring his world like never before. Now is the perfect time for us to pursue our goal of getting to Japan.

Cute kitty obi in Japantown SF
My husband an I spent last Tuesday driving down to San Francisco in order to go to our JET Program interviews on Wednesday. This year we both applied and were given interviews so there is a possibility that we could be in Japan as assistant English teachers by the end of the year. I think I did pretty well overall, I'm pretty rusty on my Japanese language but I was confident for everything else. I feel like I couldn't really have done a whole lot better so they will either want me for who I am or they will think I'm just not right for the job. Either way my outlook is much more positive right now. I'm working as a Graphic Designer, being a lot more creative at home and have a lot more ideas that I'd like to share with everyone. So hopefully this is just the start of more great things to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment