Monday, March 19, 2012

Money Money Money

We got some Japanese currency to carry with us to Japan. Since they rarely use credit or debit cards we decided to carry a decent amount of cash. Our homestay and program fees are already paid but we still have to pay for transportation from the airport and our hotel the first night, then bus fare from Fukuoka to Nagasaki, not to mention any food or extras we need.





So we ordered some Japanese Yen through the bank, about $600 worth all together. I was really excited when we got it because Japanese money is so pretty. We got large bills and small bills, so it is almost like having 100s, 50s, 20s and 10s only they have a lot more zeroes.





I know I'm going to have trouble getting the hang of using new currency. I'm hoping my husband will pick it up quickly, he's much better at math then I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment