Sunday, March 18, 2012

Rearin' to go

With 10 days to go before I depart for Nagasaki, all that is left are the small last minute preparations. Cleaning the house, canceling subscriptions to services we won't be using, and deciding what we can't live without for 4 months.




I've updated my appearance, after working so hard to loose weight (10lbs and 2 inches from my middle) and with a chance to renew myself I'm sporting a new haircut and glasses as well as a new style of makeup.

I've had my clothes packed for a while now, but I pulled them all out went through them again and repacked them. I've decided this was a good opportunity to revamp my wardrobe as well. I packed only things that I can layer or mix and match so I'll have quite a few combinations to choose from. I invested in several retro style summer dresses (A-line or wrap style) that are pretty and flattering. These can be layered with the leggings, cardigans and neutral T-shirts I've also included. I added a couple skirts, jeans and camisoles and now I'm ready for any weather. I'll be wearing my jean jacket on the plane, it's comfy and goes with everything. As for shoes I've got some cute Mary-Jane style walking shoes, a cute pair of flats, a pair of sandals and a pair of heels for going out. I think I've covered all my bases.

No comments:

Post a Comment