Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Mad Dash

We are officially on our way to our Japan Adventure!




We arrived at the Reno airport two hours early, got our baggage checked in and made it up to the gate. That's when the adventure began, due to bad weather our flight to LA was 3 hours late causing us to make a mad dash across LAX from the United terminal at one end to the International terminal at the other.




I felt like I was about to collapse by the time we got there, and we still had to go through security again. And of course we got behind the slowest lady possible. With 9 minutes left to find our gate we raced through the terminal and arrived just as they were about to close the doors. By some miracle of God we made it on our flight just in the nick of time.

Our baggage is not so lucky... It is supposed be sent over on another flight. Hopefully it will make it to Fukuoka at some point, we are just praying that it doesn't disappear.

After takeoff we were offered headphones, slippers, a pillow and blanket, and a hot washcloth for our face and hands. Then we were given a dinner menu with a choice of either a Korean or Western style meal.




I got the Korean meal which was a dish called Bi-Bim-Bap (Asian veggies and rice) kimchi, some kind if dish that consisted of tiny silver fishes, dried pollack soup and some fruit. It was surprisingly good and I even liked the fishes, although I don't care much for kimchi.










Brian's meal was beef tenderloin with mashed potatoes and veggies, a shrimp and penne pasta and chocolate cake. It was really yummy.




The was a loooong flight during which I slept most uncomfortably. But there were screens in the chair backs so we could watch movies or listen to music.




Now we are at the Korean airport which is really nice and there is hardly anyone in our terminal. I never thought I would be glad for a 4 hour layover but after such a long flight it is heaven to stretch my legs for a while.








YouTube Video


2 comments:

  1. So glad you made it! I'll keep my fingers crossed that your luggage makes it too :) Though that just means more shopping right?

    Mmmmm Bi-Bim-Bap... That actually looks pretty yummy for airline food. Now I'm totally craving Korean lol.

    Give Brian big hugs from me!

    ReplyDelete