Sunday, August 14, 2011

It looks like a Yukata

So, I've mostly finished my yukata, all except the bottom hem. I'm really pleased with how it turned out. I tried to be as clean with the finishing as I could. I don't have a serger so I did a small zigzag stitch on all the seam allowances before I trimmed them. As far as I can tell it fits just fine, the sleeves are just a bit longer than I wanted, but nothing too terrible.

I already have a vintage obi I use with my other yukata. It has a pre tied drum bow that clips onto the back. Very handy, and it looks great. I think it goes really well with this yukata. I won't know for sure how everything looks until I try it on, but it can be difficult to put on a yukata properly so I haven't done it yet.

I'll be wearing it to the summer festival in a few weeks, so we will have to see how it looks then. Otherwise I'm really happy with this project! It was super easy and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment