Monday, August 15, 2011

Timeless Crafts

This summer I went to the Valhalla Renaissance Faire in Lake Tahoe California/Nevada. I usually go every year because I love to dress up and experience the whimsy of a time long gone. My favorite part of the faire is the numerous people practicing traditional fiber arts. It is not unusual to see many people knitting, spinning, weaving, embroidering, sewing or creating lucet cords.



I myself enjoyed a bit of knitting on my cardigan called Vonica. The yarn I was using was Cascade 220 Sport in a natural color, 100% Highland Peruvian wool. Combined with wooden needles, this yarn is great for an in-period craft.




I had a really great time at the faire this year. The faire is filled with plays, musical performances, yummy food, craft and trinket booths and a general atmosphere of revelry. And although it rained the first weekend, I still had a blast all four days.







Valhalla Renaissance Faire

No comments:

Post a Comment