Thursday, February 23, 2012

In My Craft Room Pt.1

I am lucky enough to have a designated room to keep all my craft materials in, but one of the hardest things for me to do is keep everything organized. I am a really visual person so a lot of clutter completely turns off my creative inspiration. So I've come up with a few ways to keep my masses of materials in order so I can have a pleasant crafting experience.

One of my favorite ways to store my crafting materials is to buy decorative boxes. Often made specifically for holding scrapbooking supplies or for home decoration they make the perfect storage containers. One of the best things to do is to scope out your local craft stores for sales, I was able to score many of my containers for 50% off or more at Michael's, Ben Franklin's and Joanne's during various times of the year.


Originally I was using clear or opaque plastic stackable containers, but I found that they either looked very impersonal (the opaque) or you could see the supplies inside which often looked messy. One of the advantages to using multiple smaller colorful boxes is that you can break up the craft supplies by type. So, due to the varied appearance of the boxes, it is easier to determine where you put something. Most of the time I am able to just grab one box and put it on the table where I am working, rather than dig through larger containers.


No comments:

Post a Comment